(>250koz Au production)
|Counterparty||Kalamazoo Resources Ltd (ASX:KZR)|
|Additional Notes||Located within trucking distance of Paulsens 0.5Mtpa mill, which has remaining resource of 1.5Mt @ 3.2gt Au|
- The Ashburton project is an advanced exploration stage gold project located in Western Australia.
- Northern Star Resources - Maiden Ashburton Resource Estimate (28 Feb 2013, estimate reconfirmed on 1-Aug-2019) included 21.3Mt @ 2.4g/t Au for 1.64Moz gold.
- The Ashburton Gold Project comprises approximately 1,000 km2 of mining and exploration tenements stretching about 200km in a north-west linear trend from about 50km south-east of Paraburdoo to within 5km of Northern Star Resource's Paulsens Gold Mine.
- Sipa discovered five deposits at Ashburton in 1996 and 1997. It produced about 340,000oz of profitable gold from 3.2 million tonnes of ore grading 3.3 grams per tonne between 1998 and 2004. There were five open pits on four deposits – Mt Olympus, West Olympus, Zeus, Peake and Waugh. The plant was sold in 2006 and site rehabilitation was completed in 2007.
- The Ashburton gold project is actively being progressed from advanced exploration to early development stage with the completion of metallurgical test work and the commencement of an engineering scoping study.
- Further information can be found at this website: https://kzr.com.au/wp-content/uploads/austocks/kzr/2020_06_23_KZR_d8b934e24b32e2b53bb06592bb13a56c.pdf?v=0.633